An interview with a foreign student
An interview with a foreign student who studied at the Cracow University of Technology
1. Who are you? Briefly describe yourself (where do you come from, what do you study, etc.)
Hi, my name is Tomás E. but too many people know my like Tomás Tuno. I am from Alicante, Spain but actually I am working in Poland in a city called Tarnowskie gory. I studied Engineer of telecomunication specialist of Image and Sound. I was study in the Cracow University of Technology.
2. What has surprised you in Poland?
I really got surprised when I came, that people here is really honest, sometimes really more than in my country. This country is not so rich like other in Europe but for people with good skill and studies is not really hard to get good quality of life!
3. How did you come up with the idea of studying in Poland?
10 years ago I came to poland for folklore festival. When I got erasmus intership I was looking for country with lessons in English, cheap daily life and different culture. Poland was perfect!
4. Do you remember the first days of studying in Poland? Describe the struggles you went through:
In the begin I had some problems with the contract of erasmus, in my university they didn´t have too many courses in English and they didn´t want that I went to courses with normal Polish people.. but the teacher try to help me a lot. The problem was coordinator.
5. Tell us about the differences between studies in Poland and studies in Spain
The different is that in Poland I didn´t have to do too much, because I didn´t have a lot of subject. Here is totally different, I think that in Spain is more hard the university but I don´t think that you learn more in spain.
6. What do you like about studying in Poland?
What more I liked it was just after finish lesson of university, I could meet people from different countries and learn different culture.
7. Do you know any famous people from Poland?
I think that I am enough famous in Poland.. hehehe I know some famous people from dance. I don´t care about televisión.
8. Describe the places in Poland, that have a positive influence on you:
My second home city is Krakow, this city have something special for me. You can walking in the river or go to the kopiec Kolczuski. Walking in Krakow is amazing.
Also I recommended you go to the mountains like Zakopane or Bielko Biala, cities that have special feeling and you feel relax.
9. Tell us about the country you've always wanted to visit, but still haven't:
I don´t know, I wanted always go to Cuba and I did.. I love travel and I use to travel a lot.. I think I would like to cross all Latino America!
10. Are you a member of any student's club or organization? Tell us something about it:
I am member of a Spanish university organization of musicians called Tuna or Estudiantina. This group lets me travel a lot in the world.
11. Would you like to come back to Poland in the future? Why?
Actually I am still living here.. so.. I think that is clear! And why? Here you can live with good quality of life, here you can meet a lot of really nice people and I like in general Poland.
12. If you run your own business or work anywhere, please tell us something about it (what is it, how many hours weekly do you work, etc.)
I am working in a Polish company, is not mine yet! Also I have some jobs-Hobby like Dj or teacher of Salsa.
Thank you very much for your time. We really appreciate it and ensure we will use this interview for our purposes only. Good luck and have fun :)
data publikacji: 02.04.2013 r. przez: Admin, 2028 odsłon